Friday, September 11, 2009

Spiders, cupcakes and ghosts


I think today’s blog posting will be best started off with a funny story. I woke up this morning, and found a big spider on my hand towel by the sink. I took a deep breath and decided the best thing to do would be to shake it out the window. So I grabbed the towel, crossed the room, opened the window and proceeded to shake the towel out the window. The spider did not like this and crawled on my hand. I freaked out and dropped the towel and the spider down three floors to a patch of grass. I had to go fetch the towel before I went to class, and now I’m without a hand towel until I do laundry (which will be a while since the washing machines cost 3 pounds and the dryer costs one pound!). Then I power-walked to class to make sure I got there in plenty of time to get settled for my presentation. Since it’s a reading-based class, my presentation was really just bringing up points I found interesting as well as discussion topics, but seeing as half the class was out at the pubs until the wee hours of the morning, my audience was not the most receptive. I combated this by waving my hands around a lot as I talked. Overall I think it was quite successful! I made myself lunch then a few other people and I went into Brighton for the afternoon. I made sure to stop in the Everything Is One Pound store and found some great deals! We then went for coffee, but I’m not a big fan of coffee, so instead I had the most delicious cupcake. It was peanut butter cake with chocolate icing and the girls I was with found it very amusing how excited I was about this cupcake. Then we headed back to the dorms, I took a nap, made dinner and then it was time to go back into Brighton for a ghost tour. Our tour guide was great, and it wasn’t scary it all, mostly just really funny! It also helped that our Activities Director from the University of Sussex, who is very amusing, kept randomly cackling in what was meant to be a creepy manner. After the tour, we stopped at a kebab place, but I had already eaten so a few other girls and I decided to come back another day to fully appreciate the kebabs. Now I’m off to bed so I can get up bright and early tomorrow morning to go to Stonehenge and Bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment