Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting into the Swing of Things

I woke up early today (8:30!) to get to class at 9, but was happy that my class was over at 11 and I had the rest of the afternoon free. I made lunch (UK version of Ramen noodles, a turkey sandwich, and grapes- I am such a good cook!) then read The Secret Garden outside on the lawn for a while. It was a bit chillier today though so I didn’t last too long. Then it was nap time, which is infinitely more enjoyable now that I’ve stuck a folded up duvet cover under my mattress cover so I’m no longer sleeping on what feels like concrete! I had a chance to talk to my Great Aunt who lives up in Manchester, and she told me some of the best places to visit. Then it was movie night for my class. I suggested that we order pizza, and although it wasn’t as good as American pizza, it tasted pretty good (and came with “potato wedges!”). For some reason, I'm hungry all the time here! We watched The Railway Children which we’ll read later in class. Then we were supposed to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe but we had all already seen it (me more than everyone else I think!) so we headed out. I ran into some friends in the dorm and we hung out and colored with watercolor pencils, which was really fun. I also looked up my schedule for the rest of the term and it looks like I might just have two 2 hour classes on Monday and one 2 hour class on Wednesday, which would be really nice for traveling. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of reading for those classes though too!

No comments:

Post a Comment